Wednesday, 14 July 2010

World rally ride

I got driven round the Ford Dunton test track today by Jari-Matti Latvala (Ford's number 2 driver) in a World Rally car.

I got a little nervous when I put the overalls on, got in, strapped up, and Jari drove forward to the start. Then he revved the engine and let it accelerate. It was incredible - it felt like a rollercoaster and I was worried I wouldn't be able to last two laps.

Going round the banking at high speeds was spectacular, it was so fast. At the end of the first lap he did doughnuts, full 360 degree jobs, and the car filled up with smoke. After the second lap I didn't want it to end. I had a big grin on my face all the way around and for the rest of the day.

It was an incredible experience, and I'd love to do it again. Very jealous that he gets to drive that car for his day job!





Location:UK

No comments:

Post a Comment